Portland Notes: April 13, 2007
Sorry about the delay in posts – been out of town. Anyhow,
- The picture at right is from a travel article the New York Times is running this weekend about 36 Hours in Portland. Highlights include Doug Fir, Portland Saturday Market and Portland Art Museum. All told it does a good job covering a quick trip to our Rose City.
- Local baseball fans take note: The Portland Beavers open its first home stand at PGE Park TONIGHT!! A Beers of the World stand, better and better promotions and a bunch of other groovy things await your dollars in support of our local Triple A baseball team. First pitch is at 7:05.
- As one team begins home play, so another ends for the season. The Portland Lumberjax host its final game this season over at the Rose Garden tonight at 7pm.
- Here’s a list Portlanders can be proud of…we are apparently “among the least frequent patrons of fast-food establishments in the nation”, according to this CNN Money article. I imagine (hopefully) when that fast food need comes calling we all venture over to Burgerville.
- Travelers between Portland and Mexico City will now have a direct option as Mexicana Airlines begins service for this route at PDX on June 1, according to the Portland Business Journal.