Portland Notes: Feb. 23, 2007
- The Portland Trail Blazers are on a two-game winning streak and the word playoffs is being mumbled by some. Catch them in action at their next home game tonight at 7pm against the Memphis Grizzlies.
- 200 parking spaces have opened up in downtown Portland.
- Skiers take note – 50-70 inches of new snow could be on Mt. Hood from Sunday to Sunday
- Portland’s streetcars, which some may not know are Czech-made, got a write up in The Prague Post. In it, they talk about the Rose City approaching Škoda Transportation Feb. 9 to supply a prototype for more streetcars.
- Today through Sunday is the 2007 Yard, Garden and Patio Show held at the Oregon Convention Center, which is not to be confused with the Portland Home & Garden Show being held through Sunday at the Portland Expo Center.
- Portland has raised in the rankings of best metropolitan areas for jobs, according to Forbes, from 83 last year to 60 this year.
- The Pillowman has opened at the Portland Center Stage. The Oregonian has a write up on it.