Portland Notes: Jan. 31, 2007
Here’s a round up of recent interesting regional stories as January here in the Rose City comes to an end:
- Former president Bill Clinton will be coming to town April 17 to talk at the World Affairs Council of Oregon’s 2007 International Speaker Series.
- Plans for a Portland emergency evacuation plan are in the works in case the big one ever hits (or Mt. Hood goes nuclear).
- The The Oregon Liquor Control Commission has banned those under 21 from our annual summer beerfest.
- The Contemporary Crafts Museum & Gallery has renamed itself the Museum of Contemporary Craft and is hoping to move from Lair Hill to the Pearl District.
- Local author Polina Olsen has written two books about select immigrant populations in Portland and runs tours of their old neighborhoods during the summer.